It’s a wonderful thing to feel thankful, isn't it? We should all do it more often. Every single day we interact with people that have the potential to bring us some level of insight or happiness or joy; we work with tangible tools and products we wouldn't have if not for the brilliant minds that pieced them together; we experience feelings and thoughts that motivate, inspire and encourage us.
We love that.
So we wanted to take a moment to express our own personal thankful musings. Here’s what we had to say:
Candice, Email Marketing Specialist:
I am thankful for the temperate climate in Southern California. In a given day, I've had the unique experience of waking up to surf some waves, driving to the mountains for an evening snowboarding session, then taking a road trip to the desert that same night for a weekend of camping and hiking.
Cameron, Marketing & Design:
I am thankful for being able to use my artistic skills for work and my ability to communicate with animals.
Heather, Marketing Manager:
I am thankful for my family, friends and neighbors, and also people who make going to work every day a fun experience. I am also thankful for strong coffee, reality TV and online shopping - all of which add a bit more color to life.
Brian, Web Development:
I’m thankful for things I take for granted that let me experience life without much thought (most of the time). I’m thankful for our military, which gives me peace of mind that our country is safe. I’m thankful for a fun job that allows me to use new technology to create a mobile website to keep our students informed and educated. And I’m thankful for the meditation center where I can go at the end of the day to reflect, relax and have good talk with friends.
George, SEO Specialist:
I am thankful for Nōn bugging me to be thankful about something. I am thankful for being employed with a great organization that allows me to express my creative ideas.
Kim, SEO Specialist:
I am thankful for all the blessings this past year. I am thankful for having Dwight, Nash and D’Antoni with the Lakers. And I am thankful for having the best teammates at Allied.
Ruben, Graphic Design:
I am thankful for our morning light, shelter at night, health, food, love and friends. Most of all, our independence, and that everything is well and good.
Doug, SEO Specialist:
I’m thankful for the wonderful circumstances that allow me the peace of mind to be thankful in the first place. Unlike so many of my fellow human beings, I’m not dodging bullets or missiles, losing the battle with starvation or crawling down the last leg of a terminal illness. With that in mind, perhaps what I am most thankful for are the seemingly endless personal and professional opportunities to pitch in, contribute, participate, give back.
Nōn, Marketing Copywriter:
I am thankful for words, their fascinating etymologies and the curious way in which we get to use them. I am thankful for licorice in all forms: red, black, laden with salt like the Germans do it, whatever. And I am thankful for an existence that requires us all to continue growing and learning and challenging ourselves in ways that benefit our wondrous brain spaces.
From the marketing team at Allied, wishing you a wonderfully thankful and happy Thanksgiving!
Candice, Cameron, Heather, Brian, George, Kim, Ruben, Doug and Nōn
Labels: Allied Schools, marketing, Thanksgiving, thanksgiving 2012
Your career training program at Allied Schools could be paid for, and you may not even know it. Recently, we partnered with AmeriCorps and were approved for the associated education benefits that AmeriCorps members receive. These benefits make up the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award, which pays up to $5,500 toward your school books, tuition and related fees as part of a training program at Allied Schools.
What this means is simple:
- If you have already served as a member of AmeriCorps, you can get started immediately by calling one of our Representatives at (888) 925-4283.
- If you know someone who has served, you can pass on the good news that they can complement their existing education, enhance their career and boost their value with the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award.
- If you haven’t served as a member, or you don’t know someone who has, you can find out more information about becoming an AmeriCorps member here.
At Allied Schools, our goal is to create an environment that will foster career success and growth in the most convenient, budget-friendly and flexible manner possible. With the addition of the AmeriCorps partnership and the bestowment of the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award, our intention remains unchanged: we aim to provide enriching, growth-promoting and career-boosting opportunities for our students.
What you need to know about the AmeriCorps Education Award
- As we mentioned, after successfully completing a term of service with AmeriCorps, and you have signed up for an education award, you are eligible to receive the education award.
- The award can be used to “pay for education costs at qualified institutions of higher education, to pay for educational training, and to repay qualified student loans” (source: http://www.americorps.gov/for_individuals/benefits/benefits_ed_award.asp).
- The award is tied to the maximum amount of the Pell Grant, which means the overall number can change from year to year. However, currently the education benefit amount stands at $5,500.
- After completion of your service, you have a total of seven years to use the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award.
Where you can get started with Allied:
- Real Estate
- Home Inspection
- Private Investigation
- Administrative Assisting
- Medical Coding
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Billing
- Solar Technical Sales
- And Many More!
You started by making a difference in your community. Allow us to finish by giving you the opportunity to make a difference in your career. For information about the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award benefits and how you can get started with Allied, call us at (888) 925-4283.
Labels: AmeriCorps, career training, education benefits